leadership integrity family education

Sunday, December 21, 2008

You are a peculiar people...count it a blessing!

Guten Morgen! I jus want to share what's on my heart with you all. 1 Peter 4:12-13 states "Friends, when life gets really difficult. Don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead. Be glad that you are in the very thick of what God experienced. This is a spirtitual refinded process, with Glory around the corner..."(take time to read the rest of this in message of you can....sorry I can't copy and paste it for you)

I was glad God brought me to this scripture this morning although I had my mind set on another passage. But this is just what I needed to reflect on. Not just because it reminds us of why we as Christians should count our blessings and cut our complaining, but also because it reminds us that we are a peculiar people.

It's so funny how even when I was a cussin, fussin, rude, drinkin, and just a down right not walking in my calling chick, people still could not see me as the person I presented. People still saw the Christ in me and I wasn't able to get away with much. My best friend was one of the people who would always keep me in my place. Shout out to ACJ-my partner in crime!
Neway....
This passage goes on to say that we should be okay when people call us out on our misdoings because we are Christians. And even if you are straddling the fence...what they would call a lukewarm Christians it's about time you faced reality and walk into your life with Christ.
Everytime I come home I always have some weird feeling that I won't get to hang with some of my high school friends like I used to. And sure enough I missed one of the main get togethers. Not to say that I can't hang with my friends...but last night God was just reminded me that peculiar people can't do evrything and be everywhere. Of course I would have liked to complain...but I instead counted it a blessing that God knows me so well He knows which environments in which  I can be who he has called me to be. Are you finding yourself being seperated from some of the things you used to be able to do? Or just feeling the need to hold your friends, who call themselves Christians, accountable for the things they do. Remember you are different...you have been chosen to be a mouthpiece for Him...count it a blessing...

Guten Tag!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! We are Peculiar people and I thank God for it! Amen!

    ReplyDelete