leadership integrity family education

Friday, December 5, 2008

MOTIVATION TO LIVE A HOLY LIFE

Before you read on, think about what is motivation is to you. How do you describe it? A desire? Plan? Goal? Self-motivation? Accountability?

Have you defined it yet? Good.

Now, continue my love...

With finals, work, dealing with family and friends, and just balancing life in general...there is a STRONG lack of motivation in my life. I'm pretty sure yours too. For example, why should I pray when reality is staring me right in the face with a sensible answer? Why should I mend any relationships with others whether romantic, co-worker, sister, etc. when I'm about to graduate and will probably never see them again in life? Why should I study for this exam when the outcome will end up in a B average whether I get an A or F on the exam? Why should I go to the store to purchase food when I have no money in my account? Most importantly, why should I pray that you get Suma Cum Laude when you could care less that I'm eating Lorna Doone cookies for dinner and can barely say hi or smile back when I greet you on the street? Think about it.

Don't focus on whether the above information is fact or false in my life right now. Focus on YOUR motivation to live a holy life. All in all, your motivation or lack there of is a direct outcome of how you treat others, think, act, etc. Without motivation there is no catalyst to excel, there is no plan or desire to acheive perfection (perfection=Jesus).

Dr. Robert L. Wilks, my home pastor in Riverside, California, taught this series a little ways back. How you live, how you walk, how you talk, and how you are self-motivated will determine 3 things:

1. how you spend your days
2. how and what you receive
3. how God uses you

Understand that a "command" from God is NOT a suggestion. HE is saying, "my child, if YOU DO, then I WILL" (Job 36: 9-11). It's the will of God that we get sin out of our lives and live in prosperity.

Remember that prosperity begins with obedience and obedience (love) begins with a desire to be a mere reflection of God.

The next time we study so deligently for our exams, plan an awesome event, cook the most fabulous meal for a friend, or even put together the flyest outfit, analyze whether or not you're going all out for Jesus. To attend church on time. To pray and communicate with HIM on a consistent basis. To study the WORD as if Jesus was testing us on it the next morning. Let's be sooooooo motivated to be Christ-like that at the end of the day YOU KNOW He is looking down and saying "well done my child." I garuantee that THEE test is the test that you want to be studying all day and night for!

Motivation to Live a Holy Life pt.1

Motivation to Live a Holy Life pt.2

May HIS peace be with you until we meet again.

--DS Brann Poe--

No comments:

Post a Comment