leadership integrity family education

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Surrounded by Fulfilled Promises

So Christmas is officially one week away and I am so excited.  I must say that Christmas is hands down my favorite holiday of the year...I think it may even beat my birthday.  I love to get all corny with the carols, and egg nog, and decorations, and Christmas sweaters, and wrapping gifts, and the list just goes on.  I love being with my family and having conversations that go well into the night.  But most of all I love reflecting on the gifts that I get...no, not just the ones under the tree, but the gifts of fulfilled promises from God. 
 
Numbers 23:19 states...
 19 God is not a man, that he should lie,
       nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
       Does he speak and then not act?
       Does he promise and not fulfill?
 
It's crazy because even though I know that "if God says it, that settles it", I still get nervous in those impossible situations that He already declared I had victory over.  And I even have the nerve to be shocked, at times, when the things He promised me come true.  But can I just say that God is so good, no He's great, He is simply the best.  If someone told me at the beginning of this year I would be where I am today, with the goals that I have accomplished and the positions that I am in, I might not have believed it.  But I'm telling you, EVERYTHING that He told me He would do, He's done that and more.  Specifically in those situations in which I gave up trying and let Him have His way, He truly showed out.
 
So...what promises has God fulfilled in your life?  What gifts are you grateful to reflect on this Christmas?  Even those promises that you have yet to see fulfilled, rejoice in the fact that His word doesn't come back to Him void, and your time is coming!
 
I want to end with one of my FAVORITE Christmas songs...
 
Oh Holy Night (The Mariah Carey Version)
 
 
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_4f2nhNnVo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_4f2nhNnVo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Love You All,
 
DS Renee Davis
**Shout out to my big brother who turns 25 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment