leadership integrity family education

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Purpose

Ephesians 6:10-18



Finally,my brethren,be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,but against principalities,against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world,against spiritual wickedness in high places.Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Above all taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit; and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication, for all saints.





Well, I have a friend, one of my sisters,and if I ever come to her with a problem, the first thing she asks me is did I pray about it or did I take it to God. On one occasion, I was struggling with being in a depressed mood/mindset i didn't really know the cause of it. She told me that when the devil comes against me with something, I can just sit there and take it, I have to fight it, fight him. Fight him with God, with God's Word. This passage literally says to put on the whole armor of God so that you can take whatever mess the devil tries to throw at you and, at the time, I didn't do that.So I was walking into battle with no armor on...no weapons..& so the devil was gaining an upperhand. Fortunately, we are not alone in this fight & my friend, another soldier in the army of the Lord, came and shielded me and helped me with my armor. But it is also important that I learn to fight "on my own" to an extent. These verses describe each piece of armor and their function, essentially. The armor is meant to save your life, it covers every part of your body, from head to toe. That's not to say we'll never get hurt but we are protected. The last verse talks about praying, which is another weapon in itself. When people don't want you to literally help them, you can pray for them. When Im being stubborn and not trying to heat what anyone else says, people are praying for me. It says "Praying ALWAYS...",like all the time. That's another thing, I've learned:to pray about anything and everything and anyone, ANYWHERE .Always means..without ceasing. So I should pray often. Certainly everyday, which I've fallen off of but am getting back to. On my way to school, at work. I just like how it ends talking about prayer because sometimes we, myself included, underestimate the power of prayer.


~Dove Sister Adeola~

No comments:

Post a Comment