leadership integrity family education

Friday, October 2, 2009

GO GET YOUR DONKEYS: Stay Focused

1 Samuel 9: 10-22
11 As they were climbing the hill to the town, they met some young women coming out to draw water. So Saul and his servant asked, “Is the seer here today?”

12 “Yes,” they replied. “Stay right on this road. He is at the town gates. He has just arrived to take part in a public sacrifice up at the place of worship. 13 Hurry and catch him before he goes up there to eat. The guests won’t begin eating until he arrives to bless the food.”
14 So they entered the town, and as they passed through the gates, Samuel was coming out toward them to go up to the place of worship.
15 Now the Lord had told Samuel the previous day, 16 “About this time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin. Anoint him to be the leader of my people, Israel. He will rescue them from the Philistines, for I have looked down on my people in mercy and have heard their cry.”
17 When Samuel saw Saul, the Lord said, “That’s the man I told you about! He will rule my people.”
18 Just then Saul approached Samuel at the gateway and asked, “Can you please tell me where the seer’s house is?”
19 “I am the seer!” Samuel replied. “Go up to the place of worship ahead of me. We will eat there together, and in the morning I’ll tell you what you want to know and send you on your way. 20 And don’t worry about those donkeys that were lost three days ago, for they have been found. And I am here to tell you that you and your family are the focus of all Israel’s hopes.”
21 Saul replied, “But I’m only from the tribe of Benjamin, the smallest tribe in Israel, and my family is the least important of all the families of that tribe! Why are you talking like this to me?”
22 Then Samuel brought Saul and his servant into the hall and placed them at the head of the table, honoring them above the thirty special guests.

The end of the story! Saul went looking for donkey, something totally random, but His Father told him to go, so he went. He had along with him a servant, carefully chosen. And at the end, he is appointed king!
 
Isn't this a metaphor for our lives? God tells us to do something, and all we have to do is follow His will, no matter how crazy it seems. You see that Samuel says to Saul, "Don't worry about those donkeys." Don't worry about what you are doing or what is going to happen; God has it under control (Jeremiah 29:11). If you just follow His will, you will get your crown.
 
But hold on, just one thing in this story just seems unneccessary. They meet a group of women and ask where is the seer. The women tell her, and they go along their way. Seems harmless, right? But imagine, these are some sexy mamacitas. They are wearing some fly, flesh-revealing dresses on their way to be seen at the waterhole. Their hair is done up, they got manicures and pedicures that match their stilettos, and they just came from the hair salon. But Saul and his servant are so intent on their mission, they only notice them because the women are coming from where they are going and they need information. What does this tell us? REMEMBER WHAT GOD TOLD YOU TO DO; DON'T LET DISTRACTIONS GET YOU OFF COURSE!
 
Now, people, I did not think of this myself. Like I said on Wednesday, I was HONORED to hear this from, well, when I remember, I will let you guys know. lol But its amazing. So everyone, go get your donkeys!
 
~Dove Sister DeAnna~

No comments:

Post a Comment