leadership integrity family education

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Letting Go

"Letting Go"



There's a song in my brain that plays & plays Over again trying to drown my pain
The words keep coming, just a steady flow, sometimes slow But always there beneath it all
Calling my name is God Himself, telling me to "Let go & Let be" To trust in Him.
But I'm scared to let go, it's all that I know
Harder than it looks, so used to always having my head stuck in the books
"Let Go", I can't, too scared to move.
"Let Go", I can't too much to prove
So instead I'm left here, Clutching the things that made me this way
Wanting to speak,not knowing what to say
 Left here, staring at God's outstretched hand
Left here, He wants to take me into my own promised land
A land that's so much more than milk & honey More than silver or gold, any amount of money
So...why don't I just take it?
Well, if I don't take it, my life stays the same and I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for a change
While God's explaining to me, "This isn't a game. You're MY child, I'll help you, just give me your faith."
And I said, "But Lord, the last time I trusted, I couldn't see."
He said, "The last time you trusted, it wasn't with Me.
You see, unlike everyone else, I won't cause any pain,
When you're hurt or embarrassed, come to Me with no shame.
No need to wait on the world with no reason or rhyme. It may seem late to you, but I'm always on time." Letting go of all the things that kept me from succeeding The trials in this world that kept me from believing Finally knowing what I need to say, What do you need to let go of, and give to God today?

~Dove Sister Adeola Oyelabi~

1 comment: