leadership integrity family education

Monday, February 15, 2010

Post Valentines

Valentines day has come and gone, and I will say it wasn't what I totally expected.



Valentines day is overrated completely but I love the day nonetheless. I look forward to when our society doesn't make Valentines day into this event where you have to buy expensive jewelry, go out to over priced restaurants, buy stuffed animals the size of Golden Retrievers that I say I love you for a boyfriend or girlfriend, and make others that are without feel less than. Like somethings wrong with those who don't have a romantic relationship.


The worse thing about it is, most people don't even know what Love is....if you don't know God's love you don't love. I'm sorry but you don't. He invented it, is the essence of it, and in my opinion the only one who can give it the way it's supposed to be given.


Valentines day should be about friends, family, boyfriends, girlfriends, line sisters, line bothers, husbands, wives, and children. It should be a time where you have a huge event/party inviting everyone that means something to you life.


In fact I'm done conforming to society....this is my second Valentines day with a boyfriend (and i wont lie neither been a fairytale dreams by far) and this is the second time I made it all about him....when it was never like that before.


From now on, I'm having Valentines Day Parties inviting everyone that mean something in my life, everyone who has touched me and made me feel special in someway.


And in my case, I have a hard time letting people in, so for those who I have....they mean more to me than they will ever know.


Well back to my Valentines Day....and the point of this entry. Why yesterday was special was God. Who never fails to disappoint me. It was at Chapel yesterday, with my Lovely Sisters and through the sermon of Rev. Dr. John Kinney, that God gave me a message He has been trying to give me for a while. I knew it was going to be a message for me because I woke up mad late that morning and said "I don't think I'm going to Call to Chapel, its too late" and everything stopped inside of me and said "you have to go"


What was I reminded....that God has a purpose and plan for me and my life, and if He says that this is what I'm going to do...then I can do it because He said it would come to pass.


See Dr. Rev. John Kinney read Jeremiah 1:4-8 "the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations' 'Ah Sovereign Lord,' I said, 'I do not know how to speak; I am only a child. But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, I am only a child. you must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and will rescue you.' Declares the Lord."






His sermon made me realize that I am just like Jeremiah or Moses and etc and etc. I'm not saying I'm going to lead nations LOL far from it. But when God has been showing me what He wants from me...I answer...."I'm not a strong enough woman of God...not yet." "I can't help other out of their depression, and insecurities...not yet...let me get this being with out sin thing down pact first." WRONG


God can transform you in ways you never even knew....so when you think youre not good enough or not ready youre WRONG! Because God wants you right now at that moment. Not for what you are....or have been....but because what He is going to make you into. Remember that!!! I have to remember that!!!!


He has a divine purpose for our lives and it will come to pass if we just trust Him.
and that's my valentines day story!

Dove Sister Taylor Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment