leadership integrity family education

Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy birthday .. Jesus?

This was something I wrote over my Christmas break. It’s funny how even when not in school, God always manages to teach us lessons. This break he taught me a few things. Patience (as always), trusting in Him to provide all of my needs and how to be at peace, were just a few of the lessons on the curriculum for the past couple of weeks. I think this applies to our lives for more than just the Christmas season. We need to carry the “CHRISTmas” spirit always. Everyday should be a day in which we celebrate the birth, life and death of CHRIST. It is, after all, the very reason we are here.


this week i have found myself in much distress trying to find the perfect gifts to give my many family members and friends. not only did i have to buy my gifts, i also had to do my father's shopping. if that wasn't enough, my mother entrusted me with the task of "running errands" (i.e. doing her christmas shopping) as well.


christmas shopping for three persons
+ crazy crowds
+ long lines
+ crazy traffic
- MY patience
= little christmas cheer .
needless to say, this past couple of days, i have been thinking about the wrong things.
but of course, God (who disciplines those whom he loves) was quick to correct me.
the other night i was wrapping gifts and thinking about how excited the recipients would be to receive them. laughing with glee, i crossed off names from my loooong list, feeling relieved as i scratched off each name.
then i thought about it .. i had forgotten one person - what was I going to get God for Christmas? it occurred to me that though we are supposed to be celebrating "CHRIST," i had barely given Him much thought.
i wonder how it feels for everyone to receive gifts except for the one who is actually having the birthday.
must be rough.

this gave me something to think about ... do i live a life on the daily that is an acceptable gift unto the King?
.. do you?


Dove Sister Ariel Pierson

No comments:

Post a Comment