leadership integrity family education

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rejection

So, I figure that rejection can be seen either two ways.  It can either be that "reeeejeccteddd" that people shout when they block a shot on the court, or it can be that, "Ouch, I just got rejected".  Well yesterday, I definitely experienced the latter.  And oh what a big ouch that was.  No, it wasn't by my dream man, but it was from my top choice grad school (dang, I hate even typing it).  As much as I could have gotten all depressed and sad like there was no hope in the world, I really was surprisingly ok with it.  But I promise you, the only reason I was ok was because I learned to let God have grad school a long time ago.  When I realized I was beginning to get too obsessed, I had to start telling myself that I will get in to wherever God has destined me to go.  As bad as I wanted that destination to be my top choice, God has other plans.  However, I am still grateful for what happened.  As Rev. Watley (the executive minister at Reid Temple AME) says, "Rejection is just God's way of leading you in the right direction".  Now I know you might be thinking, "How in the world is that supposed to make me feel better?".  But can you imagine if you ended up getting all those things in the past that you got rejected from?  Would you still be the person you are today?  In my own situation, I can honestly say that I am glad God's direction took over.  It's a hard pill to swallow at times, but I know He knows best.
 
In Proverbs 19:21 it states:
21 Many are the plans in a man's heart,
       but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
 
So, next time your feeling a little dejected from that rejection, just smile and thank God for His interjection and redirection of your life!
 
With Love, 
Renee

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just got a rejection letter from my first choice 5 min ago. My roomate brought the letter in all excited but I already knew. I had a feeling earlier. I read it....and I just rolled over and actually had to think whether to cry or not. I just thank God for His ability to comfort and reassure you that he is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insightful. I haven't gotten a rejection letter from what I thought was my ONLY choice school, but recently I have been feeling what might be little God-tugs in a different direction than the one I've been planning on going toward. I pray that God leads me to where ever it is that He wants me to be and that I am able to accept that.

    ReplyDelete