leadership integrity family education

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One thing at a time

Today I feel a bit conflicted. I am happy that God has been transferring me from a place of complacency to a place of growth. Simultaneously, however, I feel burdened and overwhelmed and almost as if I am not ready for all this responsibility.

 

Have you ever wanted to change and then you end up with a list of 50 things that need to get better? It can be so discouraging. Sometimes, it seems even too much for me to be able to pray about. The only relief for my mind comes through this word:

 

James 1:22-25

 

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.

 

But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

 

The thing I get out of this is that all I can do is respond to God's requests as places them. I can act on the things He has shown me. He may reveal a thing or two in each season, and each time He shows me my face, I'll address that thing that I've seen. Forget the 50 things….I'll get to them if I address them one at a time.



--
Liselle Coker
DKA Clayborn,Lovely Lambda#08FA08, Reverse Osmosis
Howard University School of Architecture, May'09

1 comment: