leadership integrity family education

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Making Plans

I am the type of person who like to make plans. I make plans for everything, everyday. I make plans for events. I do budgets. I do schedules. I have a one year, five year, and ten year plan.

However, lately I have been drawn to Jeremiah 29:11. DeAnna's paraphrase "For I know the plans I have for you, says God, Plans to benefit (and be perfect just for) you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a future and a hope."

This is so awesome. For real. I think on it every time I'm stressed.

But then today I realized something. When I'm stressed, most of the time it is because my plans didn't go how I wanted them. Then it hit me. I got comforted because I just assumed that my plans were God's plans, and eventually my plans were going to be achieved.

But what if my plans are whack, and God is like, nah, I got something better? I would be so upset!! Why aren't my plans working?

But why can't I understand that God's plan for me is perfect? Why can't I just trust that God will work it out because He's just amazing like that?

I don't have an answer for that yet. But I am working on it. I will let you guys know. And if you have any suggestions, advice, anything, please let me know.

Dove Sister DeAnna Rhodes
deanna.rhodes@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Your honesty and transparency is much appreciated. "Planners" like you and I often find it hard to accept that we just don't know the answer right now. I know exactly how you feel, and I'll be praying that God gives you clarity and understanding in his own time. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete