leadership integrity family education

Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Power of Standing

The events that have occurred in my life over the past few days have shown me that I tend to do too much unnecessary fighting.  I have literally been allowing myself to get so mentally drained because I am just trying to be such a busy body.  I have been trying to be like a fairy godmother, just waving my wand to fix each issue, but it hasn't been that simple.  God has had to remind me that all I need to be doing is standing on the Word that He has already given me and let Him do the rest.  If He said I was going to get into graduate school, then I need to just stand firm in that and stop spiritually running around like I have no sense.  If He said that certain situations were gonna turn around, then I need to let go of the wheel and just stand on His word.  In the passage below, you see a clear example of this...
 
2 Chronicles 20: 15-17
 15 He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. 16 Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "
 
I especially like verse 17, because it doesn't say hide from the fight, it says to face it and then just stand!  How powerful is that? Who really goes into a fight and just stands there as the opposition is coming towards them? Only a bold, down for the count, faith toting soldier would do that.  Man oh man, and then you just wait for the deliverance that the Lord will bring to you.  Wow, I'm telling you, standing is powerful.  If we just all take a minute to stop where we are and truly stand on what we know is true, can you imagine how much sweeter the victory will be in the end?
 
 
 


--
Be Blessed and Happy Thursday!
 
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment