leadership integrity family education

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just the Way You Are

One day a few months I was having a bad day. Probably a result of my approaching menses, I was an irritable, emotional mess. My hair looked like a rat's nest and my face seemed adamant on sprouting zits at an alarming rate. And of course to top it all, I was bloated and had to wear my "fat jeans" ( a pair of pants two sizes too big on a normal day) . Theodore, my boyfriend whom i was fussing at, didn't seem to notice how awful I looked or how awful I felt. Instead he pulled me to him and made me listen to Bruno Mars song "just the way you are." In the 3 minutes that the song played, all of my feelings of inadequacy faded a way. Needless to say the song has been on constant rotation in my iPod. Now when I listen to it I think not only think of how Theo felt, but of how God feels about me. Despite my flaws, God looks at me and still He loves me just the way I am! How amazing is that?!

DS Ariel Pierson

No comments:

Post a Comment