leadership integrity family education

Monday, February 14, 2011

Forever Valentine

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you would give anything for it? Loved it so much you would give EVERYTHING YOU HAD just to get it?
 
Or have you ever longed for someone to love you this way? Waiting for that Valentines where you know that forever after this one, you don't have to worry about having another Valentine ever again, because you have your Forever Valentine who loves you every day like it is Valentines?
 
Today is a day that is marked by showing love by giving things. I long for the day when I can receive gourmet meals, diamonds, pearls, lingerie, kisses!....all the amenities that come with being loved by someone who has, if not everything, enough money to get ANYTHING!
Now don't think I'm bitter or lonely or sad or materialistic; I'm not (that much). But I'm sitting here yearning for that day when I can have my Forever Valentine--the day when I stop wondering "Will I have something for Valentines this year? What am I going to do? How do I feel about what I'm going to do?"
 
Because that is my current state lol. I am doing nothing this year (for the actual day, this weekend I celebrated it with my sorors, I love them) and I don't actually want to go into the details of how I feel about doing nothing and receiving nothing from a significant other (or any male, really). I just sit and imagine what it will be like when I am so loved that my man will do anything in his power to make me feel loved, not just on Valentines, but everyday (though he better have something off the top extravagant for Valentines.)
 
As I was imagining this though, a thought came to my mind. Would I appreciate him if he did it? Ha, of course I would! I would shower love on him as well, be so devoted to him, do everything in my power to love him completely, totally give myself to him. I mean, if he loves me so much, I have no choice but to love him as well too right?? And show him everyday! Shoot, I know I'm going to be a good wife. Can't tell me nothin.
 
Then I heard, well DeAnna, somebody does love you, yet you ignore him every day, especially on this day when you get caught up on what you don't have...not realizing that you DO have it, you just throw it to the wayside until you feel like its convenient.
 
And it's true. I have someone who loves me so much He gave EVERYTHING just so that He could have a relationship with me, to restore His relationship with me. He gave me His LIFE trying to show me how much He loved me. And am I that hopelessly devoted woman I said I would be? Good question.

"...the Apostle John wrote in I John 4:19, "We love Him, because He first loved us." We count Him as precious because He counted us as precious -- so precious that He, God Himself, left Heaven's glory to put on and confine Himself to human flesh for 33 long and difficult years, ending in a cross -- a cross on Calvary, for our sins. He died the death we should have died -- in agony, being spit on and mocked and abused for evil He had never done. After three days in a borrowed tomb, He got up from the grave and returned to Heaven for our justification -- so that we could be counted righteous in Him. And He lives now as our Lord, our Savior, our Keeper, our Provider -- all by grace, for we are and could do nothing to have earned His favor. And, He is daily conforming us to His perfect image; meanwhile, He is building us a home in Heaven to be with Him forever. He has loved us beyond how anyone else ever could or would -- and in response, yes, we count Him most precious.
 
The difference in worth of a pearl and a chip of broken sidewalk is but a poor metaphor to describe the difference in worth between the Lord Jesus Christ and all of His creation . . . treasures are very expensive, of course, and yet the greatest treasure in the universe comes with the price for possession already paid by Himself, the Lord Jesus Christ; He is truly priceless to us, for we as sinners could not pay the price necessary to possess and be possessed by Him in love for all eternity . . . so He condescended to pay that price, with His own precious, precious blood. Those who have received Him by faith as their Savior from sin belong to Him, and He belongs to them -- the utmost and only Treasure of their hearts, from Whom all other earthly and heavenly blessings flow forever!
 
In the first place, He is God, and thus possesses all that is His to possess -- He is the Creator, Sustainer and Heir (Hebrews 1:2) of the entire universe and all that lies beyond it -- all things were, are, and will be His. In His character He is holy, righteous, merciful, compassionate, gracious, patient, glorious, and majestic -- and the Bible declares that He Himself is Love (I John 5:8)." -Excerpted from "The Singing Devotional," Vol. 1 by Deeann Matthews

So I ask you, have you given your love to your Forever Valentine today? Or do you ignore Him every day? Don't take His love for granted. It should have been you instead showing your love, yet He decided to give you life because He loves you that much. Think about it.

 DS DeAnna Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment