leadership integrity family education

Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's so close it's surreal

Today marked the very last set of Thursday classes that I will ever have as an undergraduate at Howard University.  Commencement is like 3 weeks away.  Senioritis, as much as I have tried to fight it, has become a serious reality for me.  Graduation is so close I can nearly feel the weight of that cap and gown on my body.  I should be excited right??? And truthfully, most of the time I am.  But then there is a part of me that has no idea what is gonna happen in the future.  So many things in my life seem uncertain.  Like I just need some major, tangible, in your face evidence that I will be ok when Fall 09 rolls around.  As much as I just want to trust God that He has everything in control, I still have my anxious moments.  But, one of the cures to this is found in Philippians 4:6-7... 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  To me, this verse means that even if everything in my world came crashing down in the next few minutes, God would give me a peace that could handle it.  So today, my earnest prayer is for peace.  Peace to handle all of the unknown and be ok with it.  Peace that can look at the situation and know that God's got it.  A peace that knows I am secure in His arms. 
 
Shout out to all of my fellow seniors...your futures are brighter than you'll ever know!

Happy Thursday!
 
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment