leadership integrity family education

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

DAYDREAMING

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

I know, it's been a while, huh? Sorry for the long absence. Actually, I had forgot all about this blog to tell you the truth. This past Monday, my best friend, my soul sister, her mother died and after that, finals and her was all that was on my mind. But from her, I learned the heart of a true servant. First of all, she asked me Sunday if it was her day to do the blog...huh? what? What blog? HOW did she even remember, all the things she must be thinking, and I couldn't even remember, what with my two thoughts? And while I spent a few days with her, she asks me every once in a while, "Ace, you ok?" Ma'am, are YOU ok?

She is so amazing; she is such a rock. I just would like for everyone to keep her as well as her family raised in prayer. Her mother was a wonderful woman, I know personally; a strong woman of God who clearly affected everyone she met, was the backbone of her family, support of her church, and the light of Christ at her job.

I LOVE YOU TRE! I pray you let the Comforter comfort you in various ways and give you peace; just as you are my Comfort and my peace.  ;-)  (Don't be mad; it's a secret!)

Anyways, I'll let DS Ariel Piercing stun you with one of her great entries, and the show is back on the road.

DAYDREAMING



I am a daydreamer. I love to daydream about my present situations, about the way my future will be and about how I could have performed living in the past. I’ve decorated my future home, dressed my future children, told off my future boss and named my students in my future class. I’ve picked a future haircut, driven my future car and organized my future closet. In a few seconds thoughts go from an innocent day dream to a controlling nightmare. I’ve realized that no longer do I think about my future, I essentially try to plan my life. Now, there’s nothing wrong with daydreaming except that God has continually told me that though I must plan for my future , I need to live in the present and focus on what He wants me to do in this season. This requires surrendering all that I want and giving my life – including my future to God.

Considering that I am a control freak, this is a difficult feat for me. Like all people, my sins begin in the mind with my thoughts. 2 Corinthians 10:5 talks about how we must take captive every thought that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ. Taking captive our thoughts is an active action. Though my thoughts were necessarily “bad,” they were not beneficial. Instead of waking up thinking about how I could serve God for the day, I would lay in bed for a few minutes daydreaming about what I’ll drive when I’m thirty. That’s nonsense! My thoughts were more concerned with my future than they were concerned with present. Basically, my thoughts were filled with me more than they were with God.

I’ve found that when my mind starts to wander, I have to literally make myself stop thinking and focus on something else. This in itself is not enough. I have to replace my thoughts with something that glorifies the Father. So, I’ve started to memorize scriptures - not just any scriptures, but scriptures that talk about whatever specific struggle I have. For example, one of my memory verses in Proverbs 11:2. This verse deals with pride, something that thought I am delivered from, I still have to work at. This has been an awesome way to keep my mind occupied on Christ and also to strengthen me spiritually as well.

If you’re having a hard time keeping your mind on God pray that He’ll give you a technique that works for you! Working on taking captive your thoughts and stay in the Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment