leadership integrity family education

Thursday, November 4, 2010

NuLife: I was...that drunk dude at the party

Many people can remember the exact date they became saved. I've always been a believer of Christ from the example of my parents so I cant say I remember exactly when I was saved. I do though remember when I really decided to make God a main factor of my life:

I was doing the typical freshman-in-college-who-has-never-had-a-drink-before-in-life routine during my first year. I mean shoot I wanted to have fun and all that. I've never been the type that could just walk up to girls and start talking, but boy after a couple of shots I thought I was so cool. Lol, I know this sounds like the typical "teens against destructive decision" type deal, but shoot it became real. I wouldn't have a good time at parties unless I was buzzed. Not to anyone's surprise I'm sure, I didn't get girls, and my friends were hard to come by. I remember one night where I thought I finally had my friends, I ended up at my dorm after partying--still by myself, everyone in the dorm was asleep and I had no one to tolerate my drunk self. Sadly, I felt too drunk and ashamed to try and talk to God. I was too drunk I couldn't concentrate. This was a low point for me, I remember just being in a stairway crying, by myself. I dont remember the exact date, but I attribute this point to my turn around for the better as a Christian. I haven't partied or been drunk since.
That's my testimony, God has worked through me and I don't feel I've been the same by His grace.


I hope you all may share any testimonies you have...or maybe if its too personal what God means to you.

Eagle Brother Israel Owolabi

No comments:

Post a Comment